Karen J. Smith & Associates is a collective group of Registered Massage Therapists extensively skilled, highly educated and committed to restoring and maintaining optimal health.
Thank-you for your patience as we start to gradually re-open the clinic this week. Please refer to our Interim Guidelines for Return to Practice for complete list of protocols the clinic will be implementing.
We are excited to get back to work for you soon. And promise to continue to take all precautions to ensure the clinic’s safety and cleanliness standards are met.
Thank you and take care,
-Karen, Jill, Candice, Haida, Katy, Maria, Erin, Erynn, Cara and Carlee
Update May 19th 2020
To All Our Patients,
We truly appreciate your support and are very grateful for our patients who have continued to support us over the last few months of the unknown.
We have developed enhanced protocols, together with the recommended health and safety measures provided by the College of Massage Therapists, BC’s Provincial Health Officer, WorkSafeBC and the RMTBC, to implement a plan to help reduce the risk of exposure to the virus that causes Covid-19, for both patients and practitioners.
Our clinic is working on a “SOFT” re-opening for later this week with reduced volume, but with procedures that both the patient and the practitioner must adhere and commit to.
- RMT’s will be wearing PPE as per recommended guidelines to minimize exposure.
- RMT’s will be self-assessing daily.
- Increased cleaning and sanitizing between appointments and staggered appointment times to maintain social distancing.
- Please reschedule your appointment if you are feeling unwell, we will not charge a cancelation fee for sickness cancelations.
- Online booking is now live on a gradual return to work schedule. https://karenjsmithandassociates.janeapp.com/
Please read over our new protocols BEFORE coming in to your appointment. These new requirements will be posted on our website as well.
PRIOR to your appointment
- Your RMT will call you and ask you to complete a self-assessment the day before your appointment. You can verbally answer the questions or go to the https://bc.thrive.health/and complete the Covid-19 self assessment tool.
- WE ARE REQUIRED TO SPEAK WITH YOU BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT CAN PROCEED OR YOUR APPOINTMENT WILL BE CANCELLED.
UPON arrival to your appointment
- Arrive on time and wait in your car for a phone call or text from your RMT
- Limit what you bring into the clinic with you
- Your RMT will open the front clinic door and let you into the clinic
- Come into the clinic alone unless otherwise discussed
- Maintain physical distancing while in the shared clinic space
- Masks must be worn at all times in all shared clinic space
- Wash your hand upon entering the clinic
DURING your appointment
- The RMT will open/close the door before, during and after the treatment
- RMT will confirm the Covid -19 screening once in the treatment room
- Place all clothing/personal items on the chair only
- Tissue, hand sanitizer and disinfectant are all available in the treatment room
- When treatment has ended, the RMT will leave the room while the patient dresses. The RMT will enter back into the room to administer home care, accept payment and rebook appointments
- RMT will open the door and lead you out of the clinic.
Online booking is now live, with a gradual return to work schedule.
Karen, Candice, Jill, Haida, Katy, Maria, Erin, Erynn, Cara and Carlee
We are located in South Surrey, two blocks south of Grandview Heights Pool, on a residential property (clinic building is located left of main residence) with ample onsite parking.